Flow cytometry consists of measuring properties of individual cells or microscopic particles in suspension using fluorescent markers. As well as quantifying these markers from different populations of cells, cytometry also makes it possible to isolate these populations according to their characteristics (sorter).
The Cytometry and Cell Cultures platform enables users to create in vitro cultures and experiment with different types of cell populations, both primary cultures and established cell lines.
- BD FACSVerse analyser cytometer (Lasers 488, 640 and 405nm and 8 fluorescences)..
- BD FACSAria Fusion sorter cytometer (Lasers 488, 640 and 405nm and 14 fluorescences).
- BD FACS Lyse Wash Assistant sample preparation instrument.
- Laminar flow cabinets: 6 Telstar Bio-IIA biological safety cabinets.
- Incubators: 7 units with temperature, humidity and CO2 control.
- Inverted microscopes: Olympus, Nikon (with fluorescence detection) and LEICA (2).
- Cryopreservation equipment: Liquid nitrogen tanks, cryogenic freezer and ultrafreezers.
- Cell counter: Millipore Scepter.
- Electroporator for eukaryotic cells: Lonza Nucleofector.
- Tissue dissociator: Miltenyi GentleMacs Dissociator.
- Real-time monitoring equipment for cell growth/adhesion/migration: RTCA ACEA.
Portfolio of services:
The main applications offered by the IdISBa in the field of Cytometry and Cell Cultures are:
- Preparing the sample for flow cytometry.
- Immunophenotyping (of membrane or intracellular).
- Cell cycle and function study.
- Quantification through multiplexing.
- Cell separation.
- Use of incubators and cabinets for primary cultures and maintaining cell lines.
- Tissue dissociation.
- Cell counting.
- Cell and cell line preservation at -150ºC (cryogenic freezer or in liquid N2).
- Training users in handling the equipment available.
- Technical consulting in experimental design, preparing samples, etc.
The Cytometry and Cell Culture platform is located in modules I and F on level -1 of Son Espases University Hospital, with a floor area of: Cytometry, 21.6m2 and Cell Cultures, 17.25m2 in module I, 14.15m2 in module F, and 30.05m2 in building S.
Dra. Catalina Crespí Bestard
Telf.: (+34) 871 20 52 34 Ext. 64522